Week 21 – “Don’t do what daddy says….

….because daddy has one interest in mind for you and that’s your SECURITY, and if you bargain away your life for security now, you will never find your bliss” – Joseph Campbell

‘RESPECT YOUR PARENTS!’ – ‘HEAVEN IS AT YOUR PARENTS FEET!’ – ‘IF YOU RESPECTED YOUR PARENTS YOU WOULD DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU TO DO!’

This week has been about ‘FEAR, GUILT, ANGER, HURT FEELINGS, UNWORTHINESS‘ – behaviors learned in childhood and carried into adulthood. These behaviors have found themselves within the building blocks of what I have created in life, have they served me or are they still holding me back from the woman I am?

I ask myself, when will I step into the women I am? I am no longer a little girl, looking for approval from her parents and her siblings, I am my person. What have I been pretending not to know? What would the person I intend to become do next?

What made me happy, made my parents unhappy. How many of us have experienced that while we have been growing up and I bet our parents felt the same when they were growing up too. Are we repeating a pattern here that continues as each generation grows into adulthood?

In the film ‘Looking for Joe’ Joseph Campbell talks about following your BLISS. And it’s when we follow our BLISS, which the universe opens doors where there were only walls.

Throughout this week, these emotions have consistently come forward, they plague my mind with doubt and hesitation, making connections to experiences in the past that have no relevance to where I am going. These are the dragons, the obstacles to bypass and see through for what they are, just illusions to keep me where I am today.

“Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging” – Joseph Campbell

The dragon/beast that you face has scales, and on every scale, it says either though shalt or though shalt not. This beast is the construction of all the rules and regulations, social obligations, cultural creations that have made you feel FEAR that I either have to or can’t do certain things.

Fear is anything that gets in you – It’s a monster, the beast, the dragon to sly. Fear is we are being rejected; nobody is going to like what we made or what we did or what we said. Fear that is unfaced tends to creep; it moves through our experiences. It starts to toxify our perceptions; we become scared. We know FEAR is an inherent part of the human experience and it’s not going anywhere, it’s got nowhere to go. So what do we do?

The issue is to have the COURAGE to move forward in spite of the FEAR we feel. Gregg Braden, a spiritualist, talks about how we as a people are living in a time where our old beliefs where glued into place with our emotions, and as this is disappearing we can change our feelings and thus re-create our realities. What a simple concept and very empowering.

Share:

17 Comments

1. February 23, 2018 / 12:22 am

Amazing insight! Gregg Braden is an an awesome author and I need to pull out his books again.

2. Nora Williams
    February 24, 2018 / 6:52 pm

Wow, Naila! Another awesome post! You have looped together and connected so many of the MKE principles and lessons in this post. And, you have taken us back to the beginning of facing our fears. Now, we have to REALLY face them. Tank you for this post–it is so timely!

3. February 25, 2018 / 3:18 pm

4. March 23, 2018 / 12:38 am

Well I definitely liked studying it. This tip procured by you is very constructive for proper planning.

• Naila
      Author
      March 24, 2018 / 2:29 pm

Thank you. If you use any ideas from my words in your discovery, do share as I believe no two journeys are the same. We get inspiration from one another and then embark on discovering our own journeys. I would love to know your name just out of respect for who you are. Thank you once again for your engagement with me.

5. October 11, 2018 / 9:49 pm

sfzfeb we came across a cool internet site which you may possibly love. Take a look if you want

• Naila
      Author
      October 13, 2018 / 4:44 pm

Thank you for sharing.
      N
      x

6. October 23, 2018 / 3:05 am

I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web page who hass shared this wonderful piece
    of writing at at this time.

• Naila
      Author
      November 5, 2018 / 12:05 am

N
      x

7. November 2, 2018 / 6:13 pm

WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..extra wait .. ?

• Naila
      Author
      November 4, 2018 / 11:31 pm

Awesome
      N
      x

8. November 3, 2018 / 8:24 pm

Nice post. I study something more difficult on totally different blogs everyday. It’s going to always be stimulating to read content material from different writers and follow a little something from their store. I抎 favor to use some with the content material on my weblog whether or not you don抰 mind. Natually I抣l offer you a hyperlink on your net blog. Thanks for sharing.

• Naila
      Author
      November 4, 2018 / 11:16 pm

Thank you kindly for sharing your thoughts
      N
      x

9. November 4, 2018 / 8:12 am

I used to be very happy to search out this internet-site.I needed to thanks to your time for this excellent learn!! I definitely having fun with every little little bit of it and I’ve you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you blog post.

• Naila
      Author
      November 4, 2018 / 11:07 pm

Awesome to read you are gaining interesting value from my blog posts. Thank you for taking the time to comment.
      N
      x

10. November 4, 2018 / 9:30 pm

Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thanks However I’m experiencing issue with ur rss . Don抰 know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss downside? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

• Naila
      Author
      November 4, 2018 / 10:59 pm

Thank you for taking an interest in my blog. You should be able to grab my feed.
      N